- About the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Objective of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Eligibility for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Exclusions for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Eligible Amount of Scholarship
- How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Slots for this Scheme
- Selection procedure for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- List of Required Documents for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Duration of the scheme
- FAQ on Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Important Dates
About the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
The Ministry of Human Resource Development and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15.Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide ranging consultations witHState Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry ofHRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region , the North EasternCouncil, Shillong and other stakeholders.
Objective of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
The main objective of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020 is to provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region, also to increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region, focus more on professional education in NE Region and Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Eligibility for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
- Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during year 2017-18.
- Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute :-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
- Note: 1) For students of integrated degree couses, scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course.
- 2)For dual degree course, the scholarship will only be tenable for the tenure of first degree.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programmeunder any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through „management quota‟.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents‟ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annumrsuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of degree
Eligible Amount of Scholarship
The eligible amount under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020 is Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
Slots for this Scheme
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons.
Selection procedure for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
List of Required Documents for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
1.Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
2.Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
3.For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ College.
Duration of the scheme
- After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
- PFMS will generate payment files on the basis of the nomenclature of course being pursued by the awardee (general degree/ technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical).
- Payments will be generated on annual basis
FAQ on Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2020
Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme
Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate alongwith the online application form.
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
Are only first year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards of NER are eligible to apply?
Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
|Scheme Closing Date||Open till 30-11-2020|
|Defective Verification||Open till 15-12-2020|
|Institute Verification||Open till 15-12-2020|
Source : https://scholarships.gov.in/